Public Square Reconstruction Project
Defined by the 19th century and early 20th century buildings that still stand there, Public Square remains the heart of downtown Watertown. Host to a multitude of shops, restaurants, business offices, churches, and apartment houses, the square recently underwent an impressive revitalization to improve the aesthetic quality of the downtown streetscape. It features:
- Pedestrian friendly improvements including sidewalk vault infilling and repair, sidewalk replacement, landscaping, improved handicap accessible crosswalks, event space, kiosks and street furniture.
- A redesigned traffic pattern including new streets, signals, curbing, and brick paving.
- New street trees and tree grates.
- Fountain repairs.
- New water and sewer lines.
- Utility replacement and relocation.