Paddock Mansion

Located at 228 Washington Street, the Paddock Mansion was designed by architect John Hose, the same architect who worked on the County Courthouse, and built from 1876-1878 by John Griffin. The Mansion was owned by Edwin Paddock and occupied by he and his wife Olive until 1922. Edwin, a local banker, was the second son of Loveland Paddock, founder of the Paddock Arcade. Upon Mrs. Paddock’s death in 1922, the house bequeathed to the Jefferson Count Historical Society and is open to the public. Many of the rooms retain the original Paddock furnishings.

The Buick Building
82 Public Square | Watertown, NY 13601
Built with Accessibility in mind: ADA Optimized, Section 508 Compliant, WCAG 2.1 Level AA. Verified as of 07/16/2019.

Site Designed by Coughlin